Assalamualaikum and Salam Sejahtera to all...
This time, my colleague wants to share one of his specialty... Chef Jimmy with his Duck Confit Cannelloni...
Simple dish with exotic touch...
Duck Confit Cannelloni...
Ingredients: 4 portion
8 nos lasagna sheet or tube pasta
250 gm duck confit
100 gm red and yellow bell peppers (diced)
100 gm button mushroom (sliced)
50 ml cream
50 gm parmesan cheese
50 gm mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta in a boiling salted water for about 7 minutes, cool down and set aside.
2. Heat up a non sticky pan and saute capsicum for about 2 minute and add in duck confit, stir.
3. Add in cream and let it boiled, once boiled low fire and reduce.
4. Lay pasta sheet on a clean surface (use plastic wrap), put duck mixture on one side of the pasta and roll.
5. Grease up a tray with oil, place cannelloni on the tray, put some mozzarella cheese on top of it and roast in oven at 200'C for about 5 to 7 minutes (until cheese melted and slightly colored).
Herbed cream sauce
Boiled same amount of cream and chicken stock and reduce into half. - use one cup of cream and half cup of stock. Once reduced add in herb (parsley, oregano and basil), add some Parmesan and check seasoning.
Tips: if you are using tube pasta you have to stuff the filling care fully, it might break.
Non-sticky pan help a lot, no oil required...
Ready to be rolled...
Cannelloni companied with sauteed spinach...
Accompanied with cherry tomato... a complete dish...
Chef Jimmy running his Chicken salai stall... jan mare Jim... ;)
*Confit is a method of cooking of meat (mainly goose, duck or poultry) from their own fats, its a long cooking method until the meat really really tender.
I hope you enjoy and have a great time... ;)
Regards, Chef Nash